Roger's Finn socks are done (I was going to say Finn-ito, but, I thought I'd show more class than that). They are low and loose (shh, you dirty minds) as requested. I used about 220 yards of the original 300 + yards. The yarn did not have a color repeat.
I dyed the fiber by spreading it out higglety-pigglety and splashing color about. To spin it, I split the roving lengthwise into thirds. I started each length from a different spot to try to minimze the colors lining up. I find that split roving is never perfectly split and colors may start out aligned, but ALWAYS get out of alignment. I wanted it to be consistanly out of alignment. Having three plies minimizes the barber-pole effect. I spun bits of undyed Finn in between the thirds to keep them separated mostly because I planned to wind each section off and ply from center pull balls.
I haven't cast-off the first sock yet. I'm waiting to see how the second sock matches up color-wise. It is a basic toe-up sock using the You're Putting Me On method for turning heels. Actually, it is just like the Strange Days socks.
Tonight the swatching for the Frankensock commences!